We are so excited that you are considering the Sacrament of Baptism at Mary Immaculate Catholic Church. Group Infant Baptisms are offered for any child 6 years of age and under are offered once a month on a Saturday morning. Private Baptisms are available per request.
infant baptism Checklist
- Complete the [Infant Baptism Registration Form]
- Submit a copy of your child's birth certificate
- Have each Godparent complete a [Godparent Eligibility Form]
- Each parent and godparent attends a [Baptism Preparation Class]
- Submit payments and donations
- Prepare for the Baptism
Infant Baptism Checklist
1. Complete the Infant Baptism Registration Form
To start the process of baptizing your child, select which date you would like your child to be baptized and complete our [Infant Baptism Registration Form]. Fill out the form online by clicking [here]. To download a copy of the form, click [here] and send a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting the form, our Church will start a Baptism file for your child to begin collecting all the necessary information to prepare for your child's baptism.
2. Submit a copy of your child's birth certificate
There are three ways to submit a copy of your Child's birth certificate:
- Snail Mail
You may drop off your child's Baptismal Certificate anytime during office hours. Our office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
Scans and photos of the Birth Certificate may be sent via email to Rita Ford. Please attach a clear photo of the entire certificate and email to: Ritaf@maryimmaculatechurch.org. Please include "Birth Certificate" in the subject line.
Mail a copy of the Birth Certificate by sending a stamped and addressed envelope to:
Mary Immaculate Catholic Church
c/o Rita Ford - Baptisms
2800 Valwood Pkwy
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
3. Have each Godparent complete the Godparent Eligibility Form
Selecting godparents for your child is an important part of the Baptism process. All godparents must be considered eligible. Review the requirements below before selecting your Godparents.
Once your Godparents have been chosen, EACH godparent must complete and submit the Godparent Eligibility Form.
Requirements of a Godparent
- Must be a Christian (One Godparent must be a Catholic)
- At least 16 years of age
- If Single, not cohabitating
- If Married, marriage was celebrated in the Catholic Church
- If Catholic, participates in Sunday Mass and regularly takes communion
- Promises to give good Christian witness and pray for the child they are sponsoring
4. Each parent and godparent attends a baptism preparation class
We require that each parent and godparent attend a Baptism Preparation Class prior to the child's baptism.
For parents and godparents who live in town: We offer a Baptism Preparation Class once a month. Click the link below to sign up for a class. A $25 fee for the class (this covers both parents and godparents) is required.
For parents and godparents who are coming from out of town: We accept class certificates from other Catholic Churches. Please email completed certificates to email@example.com before the date of the Baptism.
5. Submit payments and Donations
There is no fee charged for the Sacrament of Baptism. However, on the day of the child's baptism, a $25 offering to the presiding priest or deacon is recommended.
For parents and godparents who attend our Baptism Preparation Class, we require a $25 course payment. This payment can be brought to class the day of, or you can pay [online] with a credit card. When paying online, it is imperative that you write "Baptism Preparation Class" in the "Special Intentions" section of the payment.
6. Prepare for the Baptism
You can begin preparing for the Sacrament of Baptism by:
- Praying for the child who is about to be baptized
- Joining a bible study or a faith formation class. Begin learning more about the Catholic faith and her teachings so that you can better teach your child or godchild as he/she grows up.
- Consider having a Mass offered for the child
- Take advantage of the video resources on [FORMED].
- Join a [Small Faith Community] at Mary Immaculate.
2017 Group Baptism Schedule [English]
our group baptisms are held on saturdays at 10:00aM in Mary Immaculate Church's Main Sanctuary
- January 14, 2017
- February 11, 2017
- March 11, 2017
- April 8, 2017
- June 10, 2017
- August 12, 2017
- September 9, 2017
- October 14, 2017
- November 11, 2017
- December 9, 2017
If you are interested in a private ceremony please contact [Rita Ford] to make arrangements. Please note, that in addition to the required Baptism Preparation course, the offering for private Baptism is $200.