Information on funerals and Mass of Remembrance
Funerals at Mary Immaculate Church
- Mary Immaculate will provide you with a booklet (Through Death to Life) that will assist you in selecting readings and prayers for the service.
- Along with the readings, there are various times during the Mass when family and friends may serve; as lectors or gift bearers. These people do not need to be Catholic.
- Please make your choices and return the Selection Sheet to Mary Immaculate at least 48 hours prior to the funeral.
- Mary Immaculate will provide you with a list of appropriate songs to choose from. Four songs are needed: Entrance, Offertory, Communion and Recessional.
- If the family desires, a family member or friend may share some Words of Remembrance at the end of the funeral. Please keep the time to 3-5 minutes. We recommend remarks are written down.
- Mary Immaculate will provide, at no cost to you, a printed worship aid for the service.
Clara P. Carneiro (English)
Dir. Family Life Ministry
p. (972) 243.7104 x 226
Sonia Dimas (Spanish)
Dir. Hispanic Ministries
p. (972) 243.7104 x 228
MASSES OF REMEMBRANCE
To have a Mass offered for a loved one who has passed away, call our Main Office (972.243.7104) or stop in during office hours to inquire about available dates. A $5 donation to the Church is requested for each Mass.