Becoming Catholic through R.C.I.A.
Discover what is means to be Catholic. | Explore relationship with God in His Church | Encounter Love & Truth| Journey in community.
What is R.C.I.A.?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), strives to facilitate deeper conversion through Christian witness, community relationships, practical spiritual application and academic instruction, in order to prepare the newly converted to receive the Sacraments of Initiation and live lives of cultivated discipleship. To facilitate this mission, RCIA at Mary Immaculate strives to integrate academic theology (conversion of mind) with relational theology (conversion of heart) in a balanced way as it pertains to each individual’s personal faith journey.
- Academic Theology: Crucial to the understanding of the Catholic faith, academic theology utilizes the gift of reason and intellect to draw persons deeper into the faith. Fostering an environment with an emphasis upon learning and understanding will assist in forming dedicated disciples & evangelists.
- Relational Theology: Discover what is means to be Catholic. | Explore relationship with God in His Church.
RCIA is a sacramental process that includes several stages marked by study, prayer and rites at Mass and culminates with the celebration of the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist at the Easter Vigil.y: Crucial to the longevity of an individual’s faith journey is the development of a personal relationship experience with the Trinity – God as Father, the Risen Christ and the movement of the Spirit. The RCIA program must work to foster practical skills for developing and growing in intimacy with God. This relationship is foundational to the understanding and appreciation of life according to the truths of the faith.
RCIA: For whom is the process?
- Those who want to explore a relationship with God
- Those who want to inquire into the Catholic Faith
- Those who are not baptized or those baptized in other Christian denominations seeking full communion with the Catholic Church
- Adult, Baptized Catholics who have not completed the initiation process; that is, those who have not received the sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and/or Confirmation.
If you over the age of 18 and are interested in preparing to celebrate any of these sacraments, please call Adelae Tomlinson at 972-243-7104, x46
*7 is the official age of reason in our church. These Rites have been adapted for children.