SERVING CHILDREN PK to 6TH GRADE
Mary Immaculate's Religious Education program serves our baptized students from PK to 6th grade. We happily serve families of various backgrounds, offering our traditional weekly program, home school program, and customized programs for students with disabilities.
FAITH FORMATION SCHEDULE:
Wednesday: 6:30PM-7:45PM | English
Sunday: 9:00AM - 10:15AM | English
Sunday: 10:45AM - 12:00PM | Spanish
Sunday: 12:30PM - 1:30PM | Spanish
Saturday: 10:30AM - 11:45AM | Spanish
Requirements for Religious Education
- Registered Parishioner of Mary Immaculate Church
- Complete all Religious Education Registration Form
- 2 years of attendance is required to receive First Communion
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten do not count as First Communion preparation
- For those that are registering for a second year First Communion class, please bring your child's Baptismal certificate
- Pay the annual registration fee via cash, check or credit card
Home based catechesis
Only the child's legal guardian can teach in the home based catechesis and must be trained as such. Books used for catechesis must be on the approved Conformity Listing of Catechetical Texts and Series, published by the USCCB. The child and parent must attend all required meetings, dates of which are on the Registration Forms in the Religious Education office.
Children with Disabilities
We offer a variety of options for Sacramental preparation and faith formation for children with special needs. The registration forms help us determine if your child would learn best in general religious education all the time, part of the time, with an aid, or with a separate classroom for students with specials needs all of the time, part of the time or one-on-one with a teacher. We also offer sign language catechesis. Classes take place in 30 minute sessions every 2 weeks for children that learn best one-on-one or in a small group. Classes will begin on September 19, 2018 and the cost is $40 per child. For more information about enrolling your child, please visit the Religious Education office.
The preparation of the Sacrament of First Communion is a two year program that begins in 1st grade. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten do not count as First Communion preparation. If a child is in 6th grade and has not yet received First Communion, the child must wait until 8th grade to receive the Sacraments of First Communion and Confirmation.
Can't find what you're looking for? Let's direct you to the correct page.
religious education Staff
Religious Education Director
p. (972) 243.7104 x 240
p. (972) 243.7104 x 234
p. (972) 243.7104 x 233
Monday - Wednesday: 9AM-5PM
Thursday: 9AM - 4PM
Saturday & Sunday: 10AM - 1PM
Closed on Fridays
Join us for these Parish Wide Special events!
Fall Festival October 5-6, 2018
All Saints Mass & Party October 31, 2018 5:30-8:00
Journey to Bethlehem/Caminito a Belen December 16, 2018
Easter Egg Hunt Celebration April 21, 2019 3-5PM
- All families who desire to participate in our religious education program must be registered members of the Parish prior to their enrollment.
- If your family is not registered, you may register by coming to the Main Church Office during Church Office hours or you can register online by filling out this [form]
2. Complete the REGISTRATION form in Religious education office
3. Copy of child's Baptismal Certificate for those registering for a second year
- In order to participate in our Religious Education program, your child must be baptized.
- If your child is 6 years old or younger and not yet baptized, please see [Infant English Baptism] or [Infant Baptism in Spanish]
- If your child is 7 years old or older and not yet baptized, please see the [R.C.I.A. Adapted for Children] process.
- If your child was baptized at Mary Immaculate Church, you can request a copy of their baptismal record by submitting a [Sacramental Records Request Form]. Please allow up to 10 days for a response.
You may submit a copy of your child's baptismal record by:
- Bringing it to the Religious Education Office during office hours
- Emailing an image of the certificate to [Bris Fuentes].
4. Pay the registration fee
The payment can be made in the Religious Education office via cash, check or credit card.
1 Child .......................$70
3 or More Children...$135